Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Friday, April 16, 2010

My upcoming schedule (potentially)

While the Thunder are on the road, I have to find a way to fill my time (and this blog) with relevant coverage. So, with that in mind, here's what I have planned for the rest of the month when (a) the team is out of town, or (b) I'm not covering.

Tomorrow and Sunday: I'll be in Lakewood to watch the BlueClaws take on the Greensboro Grasshoppers. I'll be on the look out for Claws outfielders Domingo Santana, Jiwan James and Anthony Hewitt, as well as Greensboro catcher Kyle Skipworth. Baseball America ranks Santana and James as the No. 10 and 11 prospects in the system, respectively. Baseball Prospectus has James at 7 and Santana at 9.

BA ranks Skipworth at the Marlins' 7th-best prospect; BP has him at No. 9.
Wednesday: This could be a double-duty day. I'm definitely headed up to Harrisburg in the morning to see Stephen Strasburg (perhaps you've heard of him) face Yohan Flande and the Reading Phillies. After seeing Phillippe Aumont on Wednesday, Flande will complete my viewing of the two best prospects the R-Phils' rotation has to offer. Also, the thought of Strasburg facing Domonic Brown is tantalizing to say the least.

Then, if I'm feeling up to the drive, I'll head down to Wilmington, Del. to see the Blue Rocks take on the Kinston Indians. The matchup that night pits Alex White, Cleveland's first-rounder last year, against the Chris Dwyer, Kansas City's fourth-round selection in 2009. Wilmington also has slugging first baseman Eric Hosmer in its lineup, so that would sweeten the deal.

Saturday: I'm headed up to New York's Hospital for Special Surgery to hear presentations about platelet-rich plasma therapy, rotator-cuff surgery and Tommy John surgery. These are relevant to the Thunder for a couple of reasons. Alan Horne is scheduled to undergo PRP therapy in lieu of rotator-cuff surgery, and Christian Garcia may need to have a second TJ surgery.

Sweetening the deal is the fact that the TJ presentation is being given by Dr. David Altchek, the man who would perform Garcia's operation if he needs one. In any case, Garcia will meet with Altchek on Monday in New York.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home