Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Postgame Quotes: D.J. Mitchell

D.J. MITCHELL:
On what happened overall:
"They hit the ball. I fell behind in the count, they took advantage of it. They hit some good pitches. It's definitely not the outing I'm looking for; my team put up plenty of runs for me. I didn't keep my team in the ballgame, and that's what my job is to do."
On whether any specific pitch wasn't working:
"I'm not going to say my location was perfect with every pitch, but I actually felt pretty comfortable with all my pitches. I tip my hat, they did a good job. If I made a mistake, they hit it and they hit it well. That's just the way it goes. I have to get better from there."
On whether, after a wild first inning, he got a sense the game might deteriorate:
"No, I really didn't think that at the time. I knew after that first inning that I just needed to settle down. I did put up a zero the next inning. My team, they played well and they battled. They put some runs up for me. They had a chance to get me off the hook, but I kept giving up the lead. It was just a bad day altogether."
On whether he's worried about his status in the rotation or on the Thunder in general:
"I'm not going to think about that. I'm just going to take it day by day. I'll keeping doing my sides, my bullpens each day, keep going to the weight room. Same routine for me unless I hear something different, then it'll change."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home