Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Betances and Banuelos on their way up; Mitchell out?

I just got done confirming through a source that Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances, two of the system's top pitching prospects, are coming to Trenton.

No word yet on who is leaving the rotation, but my source hinted at D.J. Mitchell, which would make sense, seeing as he is the only starter who hasn't already been promoted once this season, save for Cory Arbiso.

Here's how that rotation would shake down, it would seem, if my predictions are correct:

1. Manny Banuelos
2. Dellin Betances
3. Hector Noesi
4. Andrew Brackman
5. Adam Warren

In this plan, Cory Arbiso heads back to the bullpen, despite the strong outing yesterday.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Eric said...

Thanks for confirming the promotions Josh. This has the look of a ridiculously good rotation (though I imagine Noesi or Warren could be moved up to AAA pretty soon).

August 21, 2010 at 3:03 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this means that Venditte is not coming up this season.

August 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM 
Blogger Josh Norris said...

@Eric I don't know. I can't remember the last time the Yankees moved a true prospect up two levels in one season.

August 21, 2010 at 3:33 PM 
Blogger Josh Norris said...

@Anonymous I don't think one transaction has much to do with the other. Once the rosters expand in September, I bet the Thunder see him.

August 21, 2010 at 3:34 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home