Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The actual Top 10

So, apparently Baseball America's Top 10 Yankees prospects came out in the physical issue of the magazine. That list was tipped to me by Rebecca of This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes, who got it from Mike Axisa of River Ave. Blues and MLB Trade Rumors fame. Thanks to those two.

Here's the list, as it was it told to me:

1. Jesus Montero
2. Gary Sanchez
3. Dellin Betances
4. Manny Banuelos
5. Andrew Brackman
6. Austin Romine
7. Hector Noesi
8. Eduardo Nunez
9. Slade Heathcott
10. Brandon Laird

There's no real surprise here, but I didn't put Laird or Nunez in my Top 10. The Yankees are going to re-sign Jeter, so I don't know where Nunez really fits in with the Yankees, other than perhaps an occasional backup for Jeter, A-Rod or Cano.

With Laird, the Yankees have shifted him to the outfield, starting with a little taste in Triple-A and the Arizona Fall League. Even so, I think this is a move to enhance his trade value more than a sign that he has a future with New York.

I've heard mixed reviews about Laird's bat, and I'm not terribly sure he's going to be much of a defender in left field. That said, he had an outstanding season, and I can understand why he's on this list.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nunez will likely replace Jeter at short in 2012. Jeter will likely go to DH.

November 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home