Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Training Trip = Booked

Like I did last year, I'll be heading down to the minor league complex toward the end of camp. The dates are March 27-April 3. Here's what the Thunder will be doing during those days.

March 27 - Camp Day
March 28 - at Toronto (in Dunedin)
March 29 - vs. Philadelphia (in Tampa)
March 30 - at Pittsburgh (in Bradenton)
March 31 - vs. Pittsburgh (in Tampa)
April 1 - vs. Toronto (in Tampa)
April 2 - at Toronto (in Dunedin)
April 3 - Break camp, post-workout

I didn't have a car last year, mostly because I wasn't 25, and the rates would have been jacked through the roof. This means I'll actually be able to travel with the team to its road games in Bradenton and Dunedin. I'll miss out on Clearwater, damn.

During the trip, I'll do the same thing I did last year, plus a little bit more. I bought an iPhone this morning, and will use that to help get you guys pictures and videos much faster than last year.

Big goal for the trip : I want to be able to do a live, one-on-one video interview with a member of the Thunder.

Here's how I think this could work. A day or so in advance, you, my readers, would tweet the questions for said players with a certain hashtag attached. Once all tweets are collected, I would whittle down the 15-20 or so best questions and ask him live at camp.

The interview would be broadcast live on a video site like UStream, thus enabling the questioners to see the interview as it happens.

The other big goal: The roster, and ascertaining it as soon as possible. I've arranged to leave Tampa at 7:30 that night, so I have plenty of time to watch that day's activities and pester players to find out where they will be starting 2011.

I was able to get just about everybody last year, and this year I hope to get them all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home