Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So, I should never go golfing again.

This is what I learned on about the sixth hole of my post-Hughes outing this afternoon. It was at this point that I decided I had gone far too long (about an hour) without checking my Twitter. What did I find when I got there and scrolled through my timeline? Oh, just a bombshell. That's all.

Quoth the Twitter: "@Ledger_Yankees: If Jeter is ready by Saturday, he'll rehab in Trenton, Cashman says."

When Jeter last rehabbed in Trenton, I was about a month from graduating high school in Beaverton, Ore. That was eight years ago. He played five games during that stint, but will probably play just two this time around.

Here are some things that have changed since Jeter last set foot in Waterfront Park:

The price of gas was $1.43 per gallon

The top ten songs on the Billboard charts were as follows:

1. In Da Club - 50 Cent -- ninth straight week at the top spot
2. Get Busy - Sean Paul
3. Ignition - R. Kelly
4. God Bless the U.S.A. -- American Idol Finalists
5. 21 Questions - 50 Cent
6. When I'm Gone - 3 Doors Down
7. I Know What You Want - Busta Rhymes f. Mariah Carey and Flipmode Squad
8. Can't Let You Go - Fabolous f. Mike Shorey and Lil' Mo
9. Picture - Kid Rock f. Sheryl Crow
10. Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake

- The reigning Academy Award winner for Best Picture was "Chicago"

- Twitter was three years away from existence

- Facebook was a year away from inception

- Manny Banuelos was 12 years old

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home