After a relaxing week in the Cayman Islands, I'm back in lovely, frigid New Jersey and ready to think (and blog) about the Thunder. There should be an announcement in the next couple of weeks regarding the team's coaching staff for 2012,
Anyway, to the predictions, which I'm sure are what you care about most. I've been thinking about this for the past couple of weeks, tossing around a few of system's sexier names and wondering what the team will look like come April.
From where I sit, it appears that this year's club, at least for the first half of the season is going to look very much like it looked at the end of 2011. Aside from catcher and second base, the starting nine should be untouched.
A few familiar names should show up in the bullpen, which otherwise should feature more than a few strong-armed college relievers.
With that said, here's my initial guess at which 24 men will be on Trenton's roster on Opening Day against New Hampshire.
1. Kyle Higashioka - Catcher
2. Mitch Abeita - Catcher
3. Luke Murton - First Base
4. David Adams - Second Base
5. Jose Pirela - Shortstop
6. Brad Suttle - Third Base
7. DeAngelo Mack - Left Field
8. Melky Mesa - Center Field
9. Zoilo Almonte - Right Field
10. Rob Lyerly - Designated Hitter
11. Yadil Mujica - Utility
12. Walter Ibarra - Utility
13. Brett Marshall - Starting Pitcher
14. Graham Stoneburner - Starting Pitcher
15. Mikey O'Brien - Starting Pitcher
16. Sean Black - Starting Pitcher
17. Craig Heyer - Starting Pitcher
18. Dan Burawa - Relief Pitcher
19. Grant Duff - Relief Pitcher
20. Chase Whitley - Relief Pitcher
21. Preston Claiborne - Relief Pitcher
22. Ryan Flannery - Relief Pitcher
23. Noel Castillo - Relief Pitcher
24. Kramer Sneed - Relief Pitcher
Also in the mix: Ryan Baker (C), Jose Gil (C), Addison Maruszak (Utility), Jeremy Bleich (SP).
Labels: Roster Predictions, Trenton Thunder