Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 3 from Tampa

Good morning. The weather looks both clear and cool today, so I assume we'll get some baseball in this afternoon. More importantly for me, there will actually be batting practice to watch (and video) in the morning. 

Here's what I have on the docket today:

- I'll ask around to see how Chien-Ming Wang's tryout went. I assume plenty of people who watched him throw will be around the complex this afternoon. If he does sign, the affect he'll have on the Triple-A rotation will be interesting. 

As I've mentioned many times before, I think Adam Warren, Dellin Betances, Shaeffer Hall and Brett Marshall are virtual locks for spots in the RailRiders' starting five. Brian Cashman told reporters yesterday that there are "some vacancies" in the rotation in Scranton, which leads me to believe that the Yankees might just take both David Phelps and Ivan Nova north with them, with one serving as a long man. 

- In that same vein, I'd like to sit down and chat a little bit with new Yankees minor league pitching coordinator Gil Patterson. He replaces Nardi Contreras, who will work mostly with Dominican pitchers from here on out. This is Patterson's third stint with the Yankees, and I'd like to see what's changed since his first time around. 

- In the evening, I'm heading over to GMS to talk to Vidal Nuno about his impressive spring thus far. I'll also chat with whichever minor leaguers are around. Mostly, though, I'm there for Nuno. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home