Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Garrison is not coming north, but neither is Ayala

Joe Girardi just met with the media, and here's the deal on Steve Garrison vs. Luis Ayala for the last spot in the bullpen. No decision has been made, and neither man will come to New York with big club tonight.

Both Garrison and Ayala are staying in Tampa until one of them is needed. In the meanwhile, the Yankees will monitor the waiver wire for a left-hander as teams make cuts to trim their rosters before opening day. I spoke with Garrison before Girardi met with the media, and here's what he had to say about possibly pitching with the Yankees in the future.

"To make any big league would be an honor. It's kind of what my main goal is and everything like that. Just to be close to home is a blessing. I've always wanted to play up in the northeast where my home is and my family and friends are. It would be a really great opportunity."'

That's what I've got for now, but I'll have more later. I've got to jet back across the street to see some guy named Rivera pitch against Phillies minor leaguers, and some guy named Granderson take at-bats against them.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home