Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Good Morning on what should be a stormy Monday

Good morning, all.

I'm about to head out to the minor league complex to watch the various players stretch. I'll probably take a bunch of pictures of that, and will post a gallery later. I hope to grab some players for a few interviews as well.

On an unfortunate front, the weather here looks, as my grandfather used to put it, very ooky. Thunderstorms are in the forecast all day long, which could mean they simply call off all minor league activities and give the players a much-needed day's rest.

If the weather should hold, here's what I plan to do: After I take in the stretching, batting practice, PFP portion of the day, I'm going to head over to Dunedin, where the Yankees' upper-level minor leaguers will take on the Blue Jays' upper-level minor leaguers.

After that, if the weather is still cooperating, I'm going to drive back to Tampa (a short drive) and cover the major league team as they play against the Rays.

In the meanwhile, check out this story on Hun product Steve Garrison, who, instead of pitching for the Thunder, might very well get a shot with the big club thanks to left-hander Pedro Feliciano's late injury.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home