Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Greetings from Gate C17; What about Dan?

Good morning.

Today marks the first day of The Trentonian's coverage of Yankees spring training in Tampa. Unfortunately, the team moved today's scheduled intrasquad scrimmage up to 10 a.m. from the originally scheduled 1 p.m. start time. This means I'll be in the air and picking up my rental car while the game is being played. Hopefully things will go smoothly and I'll be able to catch the final couple of innings.

In the event that I do not, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. While I'm in the air, here's a question for you to ponder: If Chris Dickerson is OK, and Curtis Granderson does not start the season on the disabled list, what happens to Dan Brewer.

In theory, the Scranton outfield would be Dickerson, Justin Maxwell and Greg Golson, leaving Brewer shoved out of the mix. I can see three options here.

1. He starts the season in Scranton as a fourth outfielder, which doesn't seem to be a fate befitting of someone who put himself on the map last year with a stellar season at Trenton.

2. He begins the season in Scranton, but on the fake DL, stashed away until either Dickerson, Golson or Maxwell is needed at the big league level.

3. He gets pushed back to Trenton to start the year and get regular at-bats. This might not be favorable for Brewer, but if that's the only way to get him some playing time, I bet he'll take it over riding the pine.

That's a picture of Brewer I took at last year's spring training. Thank you, Google Images.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home