Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Scout's Notes - Manny Banuelos

Still just 20 years old Manny Banuelos checks in as the No. 2 prospect in the Yankees system








I spoke to a scout this morning with a club that was heavily following the Yankees affiliates around the time of last year's non-waiver trading deadline.

Below are a few of the highlights of that interview in regards to the players who I don't believe will be with the team next year. I'll save the Thunder-centric quotes for the Top 10 series, which began this week and will last until around the third week in February. 

Overall impression: He's a no-brainer in my opinion. I think he's got a chance to be pretty good, real good. I think he's the real deal. He's got a great fastball, and I think his breaking ball's going to be fine. 

I think his secondary stuff is going to be fine. He's going to have a good change-up. I liked his breaking ball. He just needs a little bit of experience and to get a little bit stronger, durability-wise. 

I think he's got starter-type stuff. He's still learning to throw quality strikes and learning to expand the strike zone when he has to -- that kind of stuff. 

What caused command issues: I don't think it was necessarily (his delivery). Sometimes I think he needed to trust his stuff a little bit. He tries to be too fine, nibble at times, where sometimes you've just got to trust your stuff and just go out there and do it. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous WOW Gold said...

The hottest topic on the internet comes how to buy Runescape Gold with safe and fast delivery. Some people once tried to farm the gold by themselves but gave up at last, because it costs a lot of time and energy. In such case, the most suitable way is just to choose a desirable website. People can buy cheap WOW Gold for Sale in many websites now.

March 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home