Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Good morning from gate B2

The day is finally here. After months of waiting for winter to turn into spring, and spring to turn into late spring, I'm headed to Tampa this morning for the final week of Thunder spring training. All this week I'll be providing stories, blog posts, (bad) pictures, videos, and some live chats as the minor league players go through their final seven days before heading to their new homes. 

On today's docket is a camp day. That's a day when all of the minor leaguers stay at the Yankees complex and play intrasquad games. The Charleston group will play the Tampa group, and the Trenton group will play the Scranton (Empire State) group. It's a really good opportunity to see all of the prospects in one place, and it means I don't have to get myself lost on the way to another city. 

My flight leaves just before 8 a.m., which means I'll get to Tampa in plenty of time for the games, which usually start at around 1 p.m.

That's all for now, but I'll have plenty of video later. Stay tuned. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home