Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 5 - Let's see what happens

Good morning. It poured cats, dogs, giraffes, lemurs and aardvarks last night. I can't imagine the fields are in terribly good shape after that. Even if the infields were tarped, the outfields are probably lake-like. 

Even so, I'll head over to the complex shortly to see what's up. The Yankees beat reported last night that there's a chance Derek Jeter might come by to get some work in. I doubt they'd risk it on a watery field, but who knows. Here are the options as I see them: 

1. Today's scheduled games are cancelled and the players have a light workout. 

2. Today's scheduled games with the Pirates are cancelled, so the players have a camp day (three intrasquad games at the complex), which would start at 10 a.m.

3. Today's games are on in Tampa and Bradenton, but Derek Jeter stays at GMS and does his rehab work there. 

4. Today's games are on in Tampa and Bradenton, and Derek Jeter gets some ABs against Double-A or Triple-A pitchers. 

If scenarios 3 or 4 occur, I'm heading to Bradenton to watch Jose Campos and Luis Severino throw in the Charleston group. If scenario 2 happens, I'm staying in Tampa to do the same. I don't think I have to explain what I'll do in the case of scenario 1. 

I spoke with someone Friday morning about how the pitching might shake down in a week or so when it's time to break camp, and then I wrote an article about it. You can read that article by following this link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home