Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Scout's Notes - Corban Joseph

Corban Joseph accepts a double-play flip from Jose Pirela's backup. He didn't last long in Double-A.




I spoke to a scout this morning with a club that was heavily following the Yankees affiliates around the time of last year's non-waiver trading deadline.

Below are a few of the highlights of that interview in regards to the players who I don't believe will be with the team next year. I'll save the Thunder-centric quotes for the Top 10 series, which began this week and will last until around the third week in February. 


Overall impression: Corban Joseph can hit, man, he can hit. I really like the way he swings the bat. ... He's an offensive second baseman. He's got a good approach to hitting, he's got a little pop in his bat. Plays hard. To me, his weakness is the glove. I really like his approach at the plate, the way he swings the bat.

Room for Improvement: He's a kid that you're going to teach to how drive the ball a little bit more, maybe pull the ball, maybe hit it out more -- he knows how to hit right now. He certainly has profile in being an offensive-type second baseman.

American League or National League: I think (the National League) would play a little bit more for the defense, so I think he would play more in the American League. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home