Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Scout's Notes - Manny Banuelos

Still just 20 years old Manny Banuelos checks in as the No. 2 prospect in the Yankees system








I spoke to a scout this morning with a club that was heavily following the Yankees affiliates around the time of last year's non-waiver trading deadline.

Below are a few of the highlights of that interview in regards to the players who I don't believe will be with the team next year. I'll save the Thunder-centric quotes for the Top 10 series, which began this week and will last until around the third week in February. 

Overall impression: He's a no-brainer in my opinion. I think he's got a chance to be pretty good, real good. I think he's the real deal. He's got a great fastball, and I think his breaking ball's going to be fine. 

I think his secondary stuff is going to be fine. He's going to have a good change-up. I liked his breaking ball. He just needs a little bit of experience and to get a little bit stronger, durability-wise. 

I think he's got starter-type stuff. He's still learning to throw quality strikes and learning to expand the strike zone when he has to -- that kind of stuff. 

What caused command issues: I don't think it was necessarily (his delivery). Sometimes I think he needed to trust his stuff a little bit. He tries to be too fine, nibble at times, where sometimes you've just got to trust your stuff and just go out there and do it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home