Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Would you rather ... Jesus Montero for Clayton Kershaw

Last night, on Twitter, a discussion between myself and my followers broke out. The question was, hypothetically, if there was a deal on the table that involved sending Jesus Montero to the Dodgers for left-handed stud Clayton Kershaw. It's fairly obvious that the Dodgers wouldn't do this, but I thought it might be an effective tool to gauge the fans' value of Montero.

The final vote was 19-6 in favor of doing the deal, and here are all of the 25 votes, as transcribed from the Twitter.

The Responses: Yes votes

Crowny3: Of course.

Mwash1983: Absolutely do it, Kershaw pitched better on the road than at home this season

PhilHughesFan: That's a no-brainer. Of course the Dodgers wouldn't do it.

TylerWilkinson: Yes.

Dpatrickg: I vote yes, if Montero's the only of the Yankees top 6 or 7 prospects going to L.A.

JoePawl: Make that six (yes votes).

HammerF: Make it six (although he was actually seven).

LeoKitty: Yes plz re: Kershaw trade.

JayDestro: All hangs on control (contract-wise), but leaning toward yes.

PPinstripes: I agree with Joe, especially because Kershaw is established and ridiculously young himself.

Rebexarama: Thought about it, I think I'd do it. Neither is 100,000% proven, obviously, but at least Kershaw's been in the majors.

dp57: Yes.

mikeaxisa: Kershaw and I wouldn't think twice about it.

Yankees_N_More: ABSOLUTELY YES! But only if I couldn't find a way to go get King Felix.

TheYankeeU: Absolutely. And I doubt you'll find a bigger Montero booster than me.

Heelsonthefield: I'll throw my vote in. Quality pitching trumps anything and everything. Yes to trade. Very dependent on terms of deal though.

GreggFerrara: Count me in as trade Jesus for the young lefty K machine.

OSingh91: I am a huge prospect hugger, but I'd easily take Kershaw. Love starting lefties that miss a lot of bats.

Joe_DelGrippo: Tough choice as I love Montero, but Kershaw is too good to pass on. Picked him at beginning of year as my Cy Young dark horse.

The Responses: No votes

TheBronxView: I wouldn't, just because I want to see the Yankees develop a big power bat. Trade would make sense for the Yanks, though.

Stevensmithy: I really like Montero, and I don't care a TON for Kershaw. He can look very pedestrian at times in a weak-hitting division.

AndyinSunnyDB: Make that three for Montero. To steal a poker term, I'm going all in with him. Legends live forever.

Yankees666: No. Laura Posada said that Jorge will dh, so it's Montero time in the Bronx.

Cephster: Going to say no as well. Would only trade Montero for a sure thing, and Kershaw ain't it.

TheSteamer: No.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh:
Do you have any information as to why Luis E. Nunez is not a minor league free agent? He has played in the Yankee minor league system in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. Did the Yankees sign him again for 2011 before he became a free agent? Thanks for all of your hard work.

November 11, 2010 at 9:43 AM 
Blogger Josh Norris said...

I don't know why he wasn't listed as such, but I know he did get re-signed, yesterday I think.

Thanks for reading.

November 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home