Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Good morning.

Today is Opening Day for the Yankees, who will play the Tigers should the weather hold in New York. The scheduled matchup is CC Sabathia vs. Justin Verlander, which should make for a low-scoring affair.

Speaking of weather, what I've got here in Tampa is absolutely dreadful. We got three inches of rain on Tuesday evening, and I'd dare say we matched that again last night. And it's still drizzling.

The forecast for the rest of the day is no better. The phrases "penny-sized hail" and "tornado warning" both came up this morning on the Weather Channel. Good times.

I'll head down to the complex here in a little while, but I strongly doubt I'll see anyone there at all. The Thunder are scheduled to face the Double-A Pirates at home today, but that's almost certainly cancelled already. The most I'm expecting is a little stretching and light cagework.

Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the baseball today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home