Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mea Culpa Redux

I've been having a lot of Internet issues lately, so the blog has suffered. This ends today. I promise, from the bottom of my rawhide-covered and red-stitched heart, that I will update this blog at least three times a week from now on.

That said, what has happened since I've last posted? Frankly, a lot.

- The Yankees swept the Red Sox in four games ... which ultimately means nothing more than a temporary morale boost for Yankees Universe. A lot can and will happen from now until the season ends.

If Wakefield and Matsuzaka come back healthy, then it's a whole new ballgame for the Yankees, Red Sox and the race for first in the AL East.

- Pedro Martinez makes his first start for the Phillies tonight, and Moyer moves to the bullpen. Ultimately, in my super-duper professional opinion, I think Pedro will prove to be an upgrade over Moyer, but not by much. Sure, he fanned 11 Thunder players the other night, but wasn't hitting much above 90. Additionally, none of the Thunder had seen Pedro, meaning they hadn't seen that change-up.

Players in the MLB will have seen him and will have had access to tons of video and scouting reports, meaning he probably won't fool anyone.

- It's just stopped raining in Trenton and looks like the sky is clearing up a bit. Perhaps there will be baseball after all.

Follow me (jnorris427) on Twitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home