Series in Preview - Thunder vs. Altoona
Tomorrow: LHP Wilkin de la Rosa (2-2, 5.18) vs. LHP Rudy Owens (6-3, 2.79)
Thursday: RHP Lance Pendleton (4-3, 3.50) vs. RHP Bryan Morris (3-1, 2.33)
- Phelps is also tied with Portland's Robert Coello for sixth in strikeouts this month.
- Marcos Vechionacci is hitting .500 (13-for-26) this month, tops in the EL. Altoona's Hector Gimenez is ninth, with a .357 mark.
- Altoona's Chase D'Arnaud and Trenton's Brandon Laird each have seven extra-base hits in June.
- The Curve's Josh Harrison has a league-high six doubles this month. D'Arnaud has five. Justin Christian has four.
- Altoona's .268 team average is tied with New Hampshire for tops in the circuit. And the Thunder? They sit at .266, good for second in the league. The Curve have also walked 222 times, just three more than Trenton's total of 219. The Thunder have also struck out just three more times than the Curve, 430 to 427.
- Altoona leads the league in triples, with 21.
- The Curve have two major connections to the Phillies. D'Arnaud is the brother of former Phillies farmhand Travis, who was traded to the Blue Jays for Roy Halladay during the offseason. Additionally, pitcher Mike Dubee is the son of Philadelphia pitching coach Rich Dubee.