Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

More Photos and Videos from the Eastern League Home Run Derby

Here are Melky Mesa and the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor's rounds at the Home Run Derby, plus some great photos from the pregame ceremonies.

The Thunder's Eastern League All-Stars

They get cupcakes to hit, so why not cupcakes to eat?

Melky Mesa (far left) poses with a few of his friends

All-Star starter Brett Marshall



In all, Harrisburg's Chris Rahl finished with 340 points, 40 ahead of the Thunder's Melky Mesa, who finished in second place overall.

Afterward, Mesa had this to say about his effort and whether he was going for the win:

"Absolutely. If you try to do something, you try to win every time possible. I just tried to do my best and win."

He did think the 300-point mark was going to stand. On whether he had a strategy, he said:

"I just tried to see the ball and hit the ball the farthest I can," before adding. "I don't think (I tried to hit the crane). It was going to be so hard to hit that thing. Home runs were going to be easier. I just tried to do that."

Lastly, about the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor's swing, Mesa summed it up pretty simply:

"Like you said, crazy, just that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home