Blogs > Minor Matters

Run by The Trentonian's Nick Peruffo, this blog will provide daily multimedia coverage of the Trenton Thunder.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Predictions for the Yankees and Phillies tonight

Seeing as tonight is the MLB Draft, I figure I'll throw out a few names I think the Phillies and Yankees will take with their first-round choices, Nos. 27 and 32 overall, respectively.

For the Phillies, I will agree with Frankie Piliere's latest assessment, and pick Austin Wilson, a toolsy outfielder (sound familiar?) from Harvard-Westlake High School, in California. Obviously, I am making my choice based the Phils' recent predilections for taking players like Wilson, i.e. Dom Brown, Kelly Dugan, Kyrell Hudson, Anthony Hewitt and Jiwan James (although he was a pitcher to start).

For the Yankees, I'm thinking Gary Brown, another toolsy and lightning-quick outfielder, this time from Cal-State Fullerton. They've gone with a lot of college pitchers lately, and haven't developed a good position prospect in a while. They also took an outfielder first last year, and probably would like to continue stocking the lower minor leagues with something other than pitchers and catchers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home